Sunday, June 13, 2010

Feasting Fun!


This year while I was running in Nashville, my lovely husband was in the CCS gymnasium bidding on things! He and 10 of our friends went together to bid on the Fiala Feast offering. Jim Fiala, owner of 4 fabulous STL restaurants (The Crossing, Acero, Liluma and The Terrace View) kindly donated this to raise money for our school. It was a progressive dinner starting at the Crossing, Appetizers/salads at Liluma, pasta at Acero, main entrees at Terrace View and dessert back at The Crossing. The topper was that we all rode in an Escalade limo!! It was a total CCS prom! Cheesy you may say?! NO. You have just never rode inside a limo in which the interior changes color!!

Ana and Me outside "our ride"

The Guys
The gals

The food was all delicious. Our favorite entree (out of the 4 we got to try) was the skate. I am probably not spelling that right. The waitress kept saying, "When I say skate, you say_____." Can you fill in the blank? It is stingray! That is right, the fish you get to pet at the zoo! Down right delicious. I never would have guessed. I thought it would be oily and stinky, but not when cooked just right. Go to The Terrace View to give it a try!

I love food and friends and this night was the best of both. We laughed a lot. We were eating and laughing for 5 1/2 hours and it went by way too fast. It actually felt rushed at times. The only thing I did not like was that we would eat one course and have to be back on the move to the next restaurant. I realized that the thing I love most about eating out is having someone clear the table while I sit and linger. We did not have a lot of time to linger, but we did have plenty to eat :)

No comments: