I really cannot believe this. How did it happen? How did she get to be 10! Claire had her "golden birthday" today. She turned 10 in 2010! I could go on and on about how big she is and what a great kid she is, but I won't. You already know!
This afternoon she used some of her birthday money to get her ears pierced. She really wanted this. Scott and I took a long time making this decision. Going back and forth about what age is right/wrong. Can she take care of them? Will she want to wear gaudy, big, trashy earrings?, Will there be earrings all over the house? We ultimately decided that we would leave it up to her. We said it would be fine for her to get her ears pierced if she had the money to. We did not want to give it to her as a gift because I wanted it to be her choice. She got the money and off to Claire's we went! Claire's is the piercing house of the mall! After Scott signed his life away and I approved the hole placement, they were in. She was very brave. Just a hand hold was all she needed. She even had an audience as we ran into Melanie and her kids there and they just had to stay and watch!
She chose some beautiful CZ studs as her starter pair. She has to keep them in for 6-9 weeks and I told her diamonds go with EVERYTHING!
Doesn't she look so big? And beautiful?
After she got her ears pierced she had a birthday party with 4 of her closest friends. We met at Dewey's for pizza.
Even 10 year olds like to watch their pizzas being made. Luckily it was not very crowded so the kids got to stand up here the entire time we were waiting on the pizza

After we had pizza we went next door to a new pottery painting store. The kids each got to paint something. They all did a great job and Scott was so glad the mess was not in the art center at home.
Claire and 2 of her friends tried to make a plate look like tie-dye. I think they used Raphaella's shirt for their inspiration. I am excited to see how they are going to turn out.
After everyone was done painting we headed back to our house for presents, cupcakes and play.
Claire chose lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting and strawberries. Olivia said, "Mrs. Smout those cupcakes look like store bought ones!" It may have been my proudest moment as a baker! Here she is blowing out 10 candles and hopefully making a wish.
Scott and I love Claire's friends. I am not sure if it is because they are getting older, but they are so sweet to each other and love to carry on conversations with us that we enjoy. After we cleaned up the cupcakes we watched them playing 4 square out of the kitchen window and it was amazing how they got along, no fighting, someone would get out and go wait in the line to rotate back in. These girls are also very good about including Emma and Sam. They played some Jenga too and then it was time for their parents to pick up. I would say it was a perfect 10!
1 comment:
happy birthday Claire! looks like a fantastic day!
Post a Comment