Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Funnies

Just wanted to update the bloggy world. School has thrown us for a loop and we are not yet in any sort of a real routine. I have not really found a good time to blog and that is part of the problem. I am struggling with our lack of routine. Scott's schedule is unpredictable and that throws me off. I pretend to know his schedule, but I really do not. I am glad when he is home. I am especially thankful for him at homework time and in the mornings. Emma has been a stress lately and sometimes I just want someone around to validate my feelings. My feelings of "yes, she really is being sassy and disrespectful." Plus he realizes that if she does it to him it is 100 times worse when she does it for me!

I often times think I should rename this blog "Adventures with Emma" however that is not fair to my other 2 kids. I definitely blog the most about Emma. She challenges me in so many ways. God is working on both of us. We had a good cry together last week. I won't tell you who cried first, but I will tell you that she made up first and that softened my heart toward her.

I have not been taking many pictures lately and the good ones I have on my iphone won't upload tonight so I have posted some funny pictures taken over the summer.

This is a picture of Sam or Samantha as we like to call him when he is dressed up as a girl! So funny!



And while I am on Sam I have to quote the funniest one liner from him tonight. We were in the car coming home:
S: We had a substitute today and we have one again tomorrow. (sounds sad)
Me: Where is Mrs. W.?
S: She is working with those people in the closet.
Me: Heeeee, Heeeee (laughing uncontrollably)

Supposedly "the closet" is where Mrs. W. is doing some assessments of kids in the class. Sam told me he had already been to the closet and that he knew almost everything! Good boy. Funny story.

Here is a picture of Emma after she had tiny braids in her hair all night and took them out the next morning. Reminiscent of a crimp iron I would say!
Today was the dreaded picture day. Don't worry this above picture is not from today! There was a mini meltdown this morning because Emma went to her bangs with some scissors about 2 weeks ago. She has been wearing a headband ever since and this morning she just could not find the right one. We practiced our smiles at the breakfast tables. Everyone got to choose their own clothes. Scott commented, "Whoever started picture day?" I thought, good question. It has been around for a long time. Even one room school houses generally had a class picture. Anyway if you want to hear a funny song about picture day check out Justin Robert's song "Picture Day" it will crack you up. If I knew how to link you there I would. Maybe someone out there in blog world could teach me how to do that. At this point I am glad just to have a new post!

And my friend Amy is contagious. Last week everything in her house and both of her vehicles were breaking and now she has passed it to me. My microwave broke and I have a leaking pipe under my kitchen sink!

And I am not contagious, but I sound like I might be. Ragweed is because of the fall. I am allergic to it. Big time. Miserable. I can hardly think about going outside or running which is bad for my training. Lewis and Clark October 3rd- be there! I feel like I am putting subliminal messages in this post.

And my girls are getting a new room. It might be post worthy. Depends how it turns out. I think it is going to be good. Scott is not so sure, but he is trusting me!

And..............

I will save it for another night.

2 comments:

amy said...

wow! that's quite a post. so many things to comment on but all I will leave you with is... I am sorry I passed on my "brokenness" ... :)

StL Steeles said...

I enjoyed your post!!! And thanks for the mention of the Justin Roberts... I had been trying to recall his name recently - so thanks!