Friday, April 1, 2011

If you don't have any plans next Sunday?!

Just a little advertisement to my 8 followers...
Next weekend is the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon. This is a great little race in downtown STL and is growing in participation every year. It is holding it's own as far as races go because it is a challenging race. It offers a full marathon, half marathon and a marathon relay. I have not ran in this half before, but I have heard that it is KILLER!!!! That has been enough to scare me away. In fact, it scared me away to Nashville last year. I love the Nashville race. It is very fun and I will be running it again on April 30th with a Nashville native/transplant. However, I have concluded that a local race is always best. You know the area, you know what to expect, you generally will know other runners and if lucky will have some family and friends cheering for you along the race course.

As many of you know, I have had a back injury and have had to take 2 weeks off of my training. That has majorly bummed me out. It has been difficult to get back in the game and I have had to lower my expectations. It is hard to go from running nearly 11 miles in my training at a good pace to being flat on my back for almost 2 weeks alternating ice with stretching and chiropractic/physical therapy visits. I feel now that I am on the mend, but my training is still behind. I am going to run this race just to finish it. No time goals this time.

All this to say, "If you don't have any plans next Sunday?" Grab your cowbell and head towards the arch. You will not only be cheering me on, but many others I am sure you will know. It is a great way to support fitness in the St. Louis community and you can still be done in time to make it to your local church to worship our Lord and creator!

Here is a cope of the race course map. You will have to scroll to the sides to see the entire map. The half marathon will turn and finish back on Chestnut near Soldiers Memorial. It starts at 7am! See you there :)


Here are some other locals I know that are running and would also appreciate a shout out:
Melanie Maynor
MC Kirby
Laura Bush
Erica Savage

2 comments:

amy said...

oh yeah. we will be there. AND fyi- GREAT family photo!!

Jenn said...

I heard did great! Well Done!