We are back and I finally found that cable for my camera! Here are some of my favorite photos of our trip.
Emma and Sam on our last night.
The view off the pool deck of the beautiful clouds after Isaac was long gone. What can you make out of the cloud shapes?!
Naples proved to have crabs too! We love to run all over the beach at night and chase these little fellas'. Don't worry, we put them back.
This is the only photo I got the entire trip with all 3 kids. This was in Lakeland outside Scott's grandma Lois' place. It was just starting to rain. I am so glad I got one photo before Claire had to leave to go back to St. Louis.
This is us with Great Grandma Lois at Olive Garden where we got the absolute best service ever. I am laughing just typing this. I think this waitress would have given us her right arm if we needed it! It made the dinner enjoyable and hopefully her manager is reading this!!! Lois is 98 and is doing quite well. She still has some spunk and I love that about her. Every time I see her she always tells me how nice she thought our wedding was. It tickles me every time.
Oops, I lied earlier. I not only got a picture of all 3 kids, but one with me in it. RARE. I love the way Sam looks in this picture. He is standing so tall. They are all trying to keep up with Claire.
Emma and Sam play this ninja game which I find hilarious so I had to get a picture of it. Emma found those gigantic sunglasses in the ocean and they came all the way home to St. Louis with us...Yep!
Here is the backyard view of the house we had for all 8 days! It was the nicest place I have ever stayed. I feel so lucky to have won this trip at the CCS auction. We were only 1.5 blocks from the beach and could walk almost everywhere.
Our top 13 of this vacation (most of these are from Emma):
1. She found a sand dollar
2. She found a starfish
3. She found a shark tooth, or 70 of them.
4. She got a polish change and got to sit in a massaging chair
5. She got to eat grouper, snapper, shrimp and scallops
6. She got to try lobster
7. Sam got to see an alligator
8. Daddy got a new FL gators hat
9. We got to see grandma Lois
10. We did not get hit by a hurricane and only lost power for about 3 hours!
11. We found Abbott's custard in Naples
12. We discovered we need a gas grill
13. "Even Dad is really into shells!" True quote.
And Claire managed to fly alone back to St. Louis with only one small mishap which all worked out. I learned that when an airplane begins taxiing away from the gate that doesn't not always mean it is taking off!







No comments:
Post a Comment