It is spring break here and so we are trying to make our "staycation" fun here in St. Louis! Yesterday Scott took the kids fishing for 4+ hours at Busch Wildlife and I got to get some things done at home. Today some friends called and invited us to go to the Magic House with them and we gladly accepted knowing that daddy had a full day of basement rearrangement ahead of him! We got there at noon. We headed to the new section first hitting the fairy tale section and climbing up and down this very tall beanstalk. See Claire below.
After the beanstalk, we visited the oval office, the very cool and loud sucking tubes. I think these are similar to what sucks my money up the tube when I go to the bank, but I am not sure :) We then spent a lot of time in the oval office, signed our names on the Declaration of Independence, dressed up as a judge and rang the Liberty Bell. I think this was a great addition to the Magic House. In fact, I might need to go there to study up before Claire gets in 5th grade. I am not exactly the brightest when it comes to our judicial system or history. I think I learned quite a bit about our past presidents today. If nothing else I will be better at Jeopardy or Trivia Pursuit next time around! Next we headed to the construction zone. This area is also new and very, very cool. It has a huge pit of rocks to shovel, a roughed in house to explore, a CAT machine to climb on, foam bricks and even some interior design things. Sam loved shoveling the rocks and putting together the PVC pipes. Here he is with the rocks! And there is his tongue out again!
We met Audra, Olivia and Lucy at the Magic House and while there we ran into Julie, Hannah, Madison and Cooper. So at times we divided and conquered. All the kids wanted to do different things so we took different groups to do different things. While I was in construction with Sam and Lucy, Audra took Emma and Claire to the jungle downstairs. Audra and I spoke on our phones and decided to meet in a certain place ASAP. When I arrived at the designated place Audra is freaking out asking ,"Where is Emma?" OH NO!!! Where is Emma? We then find Julie to keep the rest of the kids and Audra and I split up looking for Emma. She is no where to be found. I am praying. It is crowded. After no luck, Audra goes to the front desk to report her missing. While she is gone little Emma comes around the corner yelling, "MOMMY!" She was sooooo scared and I was sooooo happy to see her. The poor little thing had been in a tee pee in the jungle when Audra left to meet us at the designated meeting area. She had gone completely upstairs and over to the new construction zone remembering that is where I was! She is so smart, not smart enough to know to stop at the front desk or to look for someone with a red Magic House shirt, but smart none the less. She was scared and would not let go of my hand the rest of the day. I did not want to let her go either.After our heartbeats returned to a normal pace we went to the soap bubble room, the children's village, and art room, and the electrostatic ball. Here is Claire and Hannah with a little electricity through their hair!
After all our friends went home we stayed a little bit longer. Emma wanted to go to the construction zone since she never really got to play there, just look for me there! She dressed up right away and had fun shoveling the rocks. I am not sure why the picture did not rotate, just tilt your head :) See, she is still cute!
Even though we got lost literally in the Magic House it was still a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment