Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas

On Christmas morning we woke up to this! Pretty exciting considering I can only remember a handful of "white Christmases" in my lifetime. We had a nice breakfast with my grandparents and then the kids began unwrapping presents, again.

Sam got this bow and arrow that he was pretty excited about. I hope he shares it with his sister, Claire because she was sort of disappointed that she did not get one.
Every year we are finding ourselves buying less and less toys but Sam was quite happy with this Star Wars Lego ship. In fact we spend all day putting it together and he loves it!
Claire was a difficult one to buy for this year. One night at dinner she said, "Mom, I don't really know what I want for Christmas. Could you give me some ideas?" So as her practical mother I got her new gloves and a fun furry hat. She loves them! And due to the snow and cold temps she has been using them. She also got a lot of fun new games!
Emma does not need any suggestions as usual. She had a digital camera on her list and she got it. I ended up ordering her an older model off ebay and a set of rechargeable batteries. Luckily it came with a huge memory card and she has been taking pictures of EVERYTHING. Even strangers at Petsmart. Funny! We might need to have a discussion about things we cannot take pictures of!
Santa brought the kids a new basketball goal for outside. Even though it has been cold they have already been outside using it. My Santa got me a cashmere sweater and a gift card for a new bike! And I got my Santa 2 alarm/clock radios for his iphone (one for here and one for the man cave), a gift certificate to cooking conservatory for a game cooking class and a family picture for his desk. I think everyone was happy. Another good Christmas!

At 10:45 am Scott got called into work. The kids and I got ready to head to Farmington and the snow began to come down harder. After driving to Lindbergh and 40 and passing 2 accidents and no snowplows I decided to turn around. I did not want to make the trip with the kids by myself. We arrived back home safely and enjoyed the rest of the day playing with our new toys. I am a Lego master. I also love Blokus Trigon! I did not like it the first time I played it, but now I am getting it! Scott says I am like a 12 year old when it comes to games. It brings out my competitive side.

Lots of food here to eat. Happy Holidays!!





2 comments:

amy said...

looks like a great family Christmas...

It's on with blokus! dale got it for Christmas from Carsyn. we have been playing it all week.

Sara D. said...

Grace was gifted our old digital camera for Christmas and she is obsessed! Thank goodness she was able to get footage of me trying her new hoola hoop (sarcasm). She's planning on bringing it to school one day, maybe she and Emma can get some good first grade shots!