Thursday, May 6, 2010

How parents are too busy to plan you a big party when you turn 6, so instead you get 6 parties!!

My little boy is 6. My little boy loves to fish! He has been planning his birthday party since his last birthday party and I am sad to say that it went from a full day with his full class, with a boat and trolley motor at Busch Wildlife to a few hours with 2 friends at Oak Knoll Park. However, I do not think he was the least bit disappointed. When the fishin' is good, this little boy is happy!

Here is Sam reeling one in. Notice how bent his rod is!

He is the absolute cutest fisherman I know :)
Here it is, a blue gill!
Owen got one too!

And so did Jonathon
The boys stayed at the pond while I went to pick up the girls a little early from school so they could join in the fun. Claire was an excellent basketball ref. and generally a great big sister!
Claire and Emma decorated the chandelier with a fish. Gotta love our party decorations! After some hoops we all enjoyed a Maggie Moo ice cream cake. Sam chose banana with Reese's cups for the ice cream filling with chocolate cake and snickers on the top. There could not be a better choice in my opinion.
Silly boys!
That marks the end of party #1. Next came Friday, the day of his REAL birthday. Snack time was already booked at school with someone else's birthday so I went to eat lunch with Sam where the entire lunch room got to sing him Happy Birthday! After school we headed down to Festus to spend the night. Sam wanted to eat at Steak n' Shake for his birthday meal. It was gross, but he loved it so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM! We forgot to bring his present with us so on his actual bday he didn't even open any presents. Sad you might say. But I disagree. He did not say anything about this which once again, at least to me, proves that I have the sweetest boy ever, indeed! That wraps us party #2. Saturday, after softball games, we finally let the boy unwrap a present. It was Wii play which he has been wanting. Why? because it has fishing!(party #3) On Sunday Papa Bill and Grandma Lynne came in town to stay with us and on Monday night we had party #4. Dinner and then real presents...radio controlled car and SORRY! Of all the gifts, SORRY was the one he had been longing for.
Since we got bumped to Monday to bring in treats for school, we had to bring in lemon cupcakes with sprinkles (party #5). And this coming Sunday. Some might call it Mother's Day, we will be having party #6! Another cake I am sure. Presents from my side of the family and such. I will just be proud that day to be his mother! And I hope I can beat him at SORRY!

No comments: