Saturday, May 15, 2010

What I will do for my little boy

I have this friend who is sort of crafty! Or maybe persuasive is a better way to describe her. And well, I have a hard time saying no. Maybe this friend knows that. I am not sure. Either way, all I know is Wednesday afternoon I got off the phone with her and it was decided that I was taking Sam and her son to the Cards game the following afternoon in the rain!

I was not panicked about the rain. I was not panicked about having the boys in large crowds or even finding the seats. I was a bit panicked however about getting to the actual Busch Stadium. I have NEVER been to the ballpark by myself, ever! Scott encouraged me to go and gave me money for parking. My other friend, who gives great advice, told me to park as close as possible even if you have to pay through the nose. So, I did. Scott gave me a 20 and I gave the man a 20. He gave me a ticket on my dash and told me to park in the spot just west of the white minivan. What he did not tell me was that I was going to have to do a 5 point turn to get into that spot. All while 2 little boys in the back are saying "I think you are about to crash into that one!" I finally got us in the spot, grabbed our rain jackets, tickets with food coupons and we walked only 2-3 short blocks to the ballpark!

Luke and Sam with "Stan the Man"

The weather ended up being delightful! No rain, some clouds. I was just glad I did not have to apply sunscreen to anyone. That is another thing I am bad about and the fact that I had someone else's fair skin child would mean a guaranteed sunburn on a sunny day.
My crafty friend had snagged these tickets for a great deal and they included tickets for a hot dog, bag of chips and a soda for FREE! Who could say no to this opportunity to look like a really cool mom who loves to splurge at the ballpark?!


The dogs always taste good at the ballpark. The seats were really high up! We had a lot of escalator time. The boys had fun. Sam knows all of the players and calls them by name. He is beginning to call Albert, Albert now instead of Albret! I frequently refer to him as Albret just to see if he will catch it. Luke took several pictures of Sam and me. All of them included only half of Sam so this is what ya get!
We left at the top of the 9th. Cards lost 4 to 1. We were hoping for a win, but had fun anyway! Thanks Amy for the tickets!

1 comment:

amy said...

those are some sweet boys you got there! we are way cool moms- me for getting the tickets, you for taking them!!! :)