Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas wishes from the Smouts

Things here are more crazy than normal! So Christmas cards are just not on our schedule this season. This saddens me but also gives me freedom to just be okay with that and get on with what is my season (currently moving and entertaining my kids for 2 weeks without school). Hopefully before long I will be sending out new address cards that might include a picture of my kids, but until then...

If I sent out Christmas cards this year I would tell you that Claire is 11.
Claire is beautiful, kind, nurturing and pleasing. She enjoys swimming, soccer, softball, archery, hunting, art, sewing, knitting and running. She ran her first 5K just this month! She does well in school and has a great group of friends. I enjoyed going on a field trip with her this year to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, IL.

Emma is 9
She is full of spunk, sass and fun! I will spin this on the positive for the Christmas letter! She enjoys swimming, gymnastics, art, creating things from duct tape, singing/acting, and generally cracking jokes. She gave her heart to Jesus this year and for this we are thankful. Emma can usually be found with a feather in her hair, wearing gaucho pants with pink Converse high-tops. You can't miss her and you will be glad you didn't!

Sam is 7
Sam still does not have any teeth. Eating apples has been hard for months! I love his gappy grin and secretly hope his teeth never come in! Sam is a delight. He enjoys basketball, soccer, baseball, archery, hunting, watching his Cardinals and football on TV, reading and just being a boy. He loves school and his friends.

Scott is continuing to work for himself in a practice of 3 Anesthesiologists, Acuity Anesthesiology. His work requires him to be away from home a lot which is definitely hard, but we have adjusted somewhat and are doing well. This is one reason we put our house on the market because if we could get just 15 minutes closer to Jefferson County he might be able to take call from home! Scott has taken up running this year which makes me very happy :) I am still trying to convince him that running outside is better than running on a treadmill, but I have decided this is hopeless or weird ?? Anyway, to each their own. I am still proud of him for running! His main hobby continues to be hunting deer and ducks. He is a great daddy and enjoys his time with his children. A highlight of his year would probably be taking Claire duck hunting for the first time. She put on the wadders and waded into the water and said, "I just love this!" She had no idea how happy that statement made her daddy.

I am busy and happy. I participate in a Bible study at my church, volunteer at Central Christian school, try to keep up with laundry and meal planning and make time to run (okay probably not in that order!!) I do love my running time! I have recently decided Motherhood is getting harder. The problems are becoming bigger and decisions are more difficult. I feel very fortunate to get to be home with my kids in the morning and afternoons, to bring them their lunch if they forget it and help during the day at their school. I am looking forward anxiously to the year ahead. I am not sure what God has in store for our family, but I do know that he promises us a roof over our heads and good gifts like his Son, Jesus, Our Savior!

Love,
Lisa

No comments: