Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Not Mary

I just have to blog about a recent situation in the Smout house that makes we want to laugh or cry or compare my girls for the 200 millionth time!

I registered them for the church pageant online and it asks for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices of parts they would like to be in the pageant. I automatically list Mary as the 1st choice for both girls. In my head, it's an honor, right. I mean they probably won't get it anyway. It's not like I was the first mom to register!

A Week passes and parts get assigned. Claire is Mary. She does not want to be Mary! Something is just wrong about that. But you all know who does really want to be Mary, right?! And who is crying because she is an angel helper. AHHHHH... the joys of motherhood.

So I call to see if they can trade. NO is the answer. Emma is too young to be Mary. Can Claire be a narrator? Yes, if one of the other 12 girls who really wanted to be Mary is willing to still be Mary.

Yet to be determined.

Poor Mary.


No comments: