Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The tooth fairy comes!

Emma has some big news and I forgot to put it in my vacation posts. She lost her very first tooth while we were in Florida. She had been wiggling it for some time and I suggested to her that she begin twisting it. So she did and it immediately began to dangle and got very bloody. Nothing grosses me out more than teeth. The fact that they are attached by roots and they fall out-yuck, yuck, yuck! Anyway on Thursday night the 8th of January in the Downtown Disney parking lot Scott pulled out Emma's tooth. She was very brave. She always has been good with pain. I remember as a baby she hardly cried when she got shots. Weird.

Then on Saturday night the second bottom tooth was very loose and she began the same routine. This time we could see her new permanent teeth already coming in "Shark Teeth", so we knew this baby tooth had to go! Scott and I had a babysitter for the evening and Scott was in the shower. Emma kept asking me to go get Daddy to ask him to pull out her tooth, but instead I said, "Claire, why don't you just pull Emma's tooth?" I didn't really think she would, but I thought it made sense since those baby teeth are so little and Claire has much smaller hands than Scott. So, Claire gave it a yank and it fell on the floor! They were both looking for it. It was really, really cute. I love that they trust each other so much. I also love that I didn't have to pull the tooth! The sad thing is that my girls don't really believe in the tooth fairy. However it is still very cool to have 2 bucks no matter who brings it to you! ($1 for each tooth)

Emma's new smile!

Here you can see that her permanent teeth are already coming in!

For MLK day Emma's class made I have a dream shirts. They got to draw a picture of something that they dreamed of doing or becoming. My Emma dreams to be a puppy trainer. That is good because we need one!

The picture is of Emma and me and our puppies. I am walking Blitzen and she has a smaller puppy! I am just glad we both have crowns on--SO CUTE!


No comments: