Wednesday, February 18, 2009

marathon relay

Over the 4th of July this past summer my good friend Kim and her family came into town for the weekend. Over dinner with some mutual friends Kim suggested that sometime we should run a race together for a girl's weekend. We have done some girl's weekends together before that usually consisted of a lot of eating and shopping! Very fun, but I think I longed for something different. Everyone at the table agreed this was a good idea and so the Lisa wheels got turning!

So, I started researching races, Scott started requesting some time off and the email chain got going from St. Louis to Nashville to Dallas. I decided we should do the April Go! marathon relay in STL!! I thought it was a manageable distance for a lot of people and it would really be a team effort. I also wanted to run in pink skirts but Tiffanie vetoed that. Since she is running the half now maybe I can get some takers on this...ANYONE???

So, I signed up myself, Kim, Melanie (can't run without her) and 9 other very fun girls from CPC and CCS. We will have 3 teams total. We will each run 6.5-6.75 miles with each team of four completing the marathon of 26.2 miles!! It is also in conjunction with a girl's weekend in STL which will still consist of lots of eating and shopping on Friday and Saturday. We will then wrap up the weekend with the run! I can't wait for this event. I am so excited that so many gals wanted to run and are rising up to meet this challenge. I think I really like this running thing :)

1 comment:

Sara D. said...

You DEFINITELY need some pink. And maybe some rhinestones. Oh! And what about iron on letters???? The possibilities are endless, Lisa.