This morning at breakfast Emma asked me, "What day is today?"
I answered with "It is Tuesday."
"Oh...is there a party today?" Emma asked
"No party that I am aware of." I answered
Then she went into some long explanation about a party that Mrs. H, her teacher, had told her about. I was beginning to fear that I had not read the newsletter AGAIN and that there was some kindergarten happening that we were about to miss out on.
As she kept talking she said, "Mom, there is supposed to be a big party and then it is Slash Wednesday."
So, then I realized that her teacher must have told her about Mardi Gras (a big party) and Ash Wednesday being the beginning of Lent. I quickly corrected her that it is not slash, rather Ash Wednesday and that it is not a party at all but at time of preparation for the Lenten season leading up to remembering Jesus' death on the cross and his resurrection on Easter. I think she was okay with this explanation even though it did not involve a party!
And I must add that EMMA WORE JEANS TODAY! For those of you who know Emma and her stretchy pants, this is a miracle. I am trying not to get too excited.
The State I’m In
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment