So EVERYONE knows that Sunday is Mother's Day, right? This day will get it's own post later on, of course. The point of today's post is that all Dad's need a little help on this day. Of course I envision Scott taking all the kids on a shopping trip possibly to a jewelery store or the mall looking at various items choosing something special for mommy and wrapping it up in cellophane and a bow! But this is really never what happens. To his credit he has given me some great mother's day gifts! I often make suggestions to him or to friends just in the event he may ask. He often gets it right...but just to make sure this year...I just did my own shopping!
I told Scott when he got home today that REI was having a sale and I purchased some running shorts and a shirt. I suggested that he tell the kids he bought them so they could give them to mommy!! True confessions here! He thought that was a good idea, I mean it saves him time shopping plus I get what I want. The truth is my new running hobby is really taking over. He actually got me a Garmin Watch (from him) when those were on sale a couple weeks ago! So I have maxxed out my mother's day for sure. I do not want anything else. I am so thankful to have all the new running toys that I have and am getting. However, I do have to share the funny dinner conversation tonight.
Me: "I looked on Craigslist for a bike today. I found one, but I am not really sure what I want/need"
Sam: "I know mom. I want to get you a bike for mother's day!"
Me: "No, Sam. Daddy already got you something to give mommy for mother's day, but you can get me a bike if really want too!"
Scott was quietly chuckling...I don't think I am getting a bike ;)
The State I’m In
8 years ago
1 comment:
Take up biking so we can do that, too. Although it may be harder to talk. I love the new watch because I get the benefit of it by running with you. Happy Mother's day my sweet friend. I'll see you when I get back from NYC. I'm going running, so I can keep up with you.
Post a Comment