Monday, November 23, 2009

City Garden

I realize I am about 6 months behind everyone else in STL on this one, but I just took my kids to the "new" City Garden downtown on the 8th of November. It was a particularly warm Sunday afternoon and Scott was working. We asked the Upshaws at church if they would like to join in, we packed picnics and swimsuits and we were on our way! I know...swimsuits?! But if you are going to do this park, you better do it right is what I figured!


The kids enjoyed getting in the chilly fountains and collecting coins only to throw them back in and make lots of wishes.


E. and A.
H. and S. being crazy boys. Boys always like to splash!
The entire gang on one of the sculptures
The entire gang (minus H.) on the edge of the fountain that we were then told they are not supposed to swim in. I guess it could be a bit dangerous up on the edge!
E. and A. really enjoyed this dancing xylophone. Their music was beautiful.

We did get some stares, but for the most part it was worth it to just let the kids get wet. In fact, we started a trend. All the other kids there started to get wet too. Their parents probably hated us at the very moment, but you cannot deny that fountains are just calling for kids to experience them!

No comments: