Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Things that made me laugh this week

I am behind on my "photo blogging" but I still want to share some thoughts. I hope to catch up here soon on the rest of my blog. Here are several things that made me laugh this week:
1. Emma wearing stretch pants with a sweater tucked in to Wednesday night church. I did not say anything.
2. Afterschool on Monday I said, "Alright one of you can read, one of you can play with the dog and one of you can sit down with me for homework time." Claire responds with, "Well, I am the only one that can read so I guess I will read." Then Emma and Sam continue to fight over who will get to do homework. The moral of this story is that they would rather do homework than play with the dog. I played with the dog last night after they went to bed. Something is so wrong with that. Is does make me laugh, still!
3. Claire and Emma performed a show last night that was pretty creative. Claire was standing up with her hands behind her back and a guitar around her body and then Emma was behind her, so she couldn't be seen but her hands were playing the guitar while Claire was singing. Very creative, I thought and it would have been more funny if it was not at bedtime. Why is it that kids have their most creative ideas at bedtime?
4. I checked 3 books out of the library before we went to FL. I got about 1/3 of the way through one book on the trip and I have not opened the book since returning to STL. Here is the funny part...I renewed all 3 books at the library today just because it was raining, I did not want to get out of my car to take them in and I did not want to pay a fine. I have no intention of reading any of them.
5. Final funny thing. I put a Central Christian School decal on my van this week. I have never put a car sticker of any type on any vehicle I have owned. I would never put an "Honor Student" bumper sticker on or a political sticker however I feel good about the decal. It is comparable to putting a "fish" on your car. I realize now that the way I drive should be "christian". I want to give the school a good name. It is a bit of good pressure, I guess. My favorite bumper sticker reads, "maybe the hokey pokey is what it's all about." I know that is not true, but it sure does make me laugh every time I see it. Hope it makes you laugh too :)





No comments: