Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rambling

Warning: These are just random Lisa thoughts and updates. Boring. No pictures involved. Opinions are also just opinions and happen to be where I am right now, they are susceptible to change.

This week I got excited, really excited over something so very stupid. I love the area where we live for lots of reasons. However, I do feel that there is an abundance of office supply stores and Mattress stores. I mean everywhere I look there is an Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, Mattress Firm or Giant! I know that work and sleep are very important, but come on! I often lament the fact that there is not a crafty type store or a Marshall's, TJ Maxx or Homegoods on my normal everyday, Triangular, driving path. I have contemplated writing to city planners of my surrounding communities, but have convinced myself it would not make a difference. But today, I saw that a Nordstrom Rack store is coming soon to the old Circuit City on Brentwood. The world seemed a little brighter to me! No, they do not sell ribbon, paint, fabric or yarn, but at least if I am looking for a new shirt or dress I will have a new option. I will not have to walk all over the mall from end to end looking for a cool shirt. I will enter one store and likely find one rack of my size shirts and browse. It seems easier. I do hope if opens soon, unlike the Nordstrom at the mall which I do not believe is ever going to open due to our ever slow economy.

Which brings me to my next random thought...Are malls going to be obsolete in less than a decade anyway because of online shopping? If so that is a lot of land that would be available in the very area of St. Louis that I want to live. Maybe that would drive down the price of real estate! I know, I am crazy. Hopefully crazy! Maybe the fountain at the Galleria could turn into the swimming pool the Smouts have been wanting.

I am back to running and things are going well. I signed up for the Nashville Country Music half marathon on April 24th. I am excited about the run, but the training has been hard. It is hard to want to run in temps below 30. Yesterday was my speed work day and I met some friends at the track. It went well, I know this because I hurt today. Scott got us a family YMCA membership that we are all very excited about. He can work out there when he is away in Jeff Co and we can use it there or here. I went there on Tuesday for the first time and I was impressed. Although there is nothing more boring than running on a treadmill though even if you do have a TV right in front of your face!

Last random thought, I think. I DVR'd Oprah yesterday. It was thought provoking. It was all about food, processed horrible food we are eating and what it is doing to us. How a Twinkie will keep in it's cellophane bag for 2 years without changing. The man on the show had recently done a documentary on food in our country and I want to see it. It all made a lot of sense to me. I have always said that it bothers me that to eat healthy it costs so much more, but the fact is that when we spend money on food we will save it on health care costs in the long run. EAT HEALTHY PEOPLE! BUY FOOD THAT WILL ROTT!

The flies are gone! We have had flies in our house this winter for some reason that I don't really want to know. But, they are gone. I think I picked up the last dead, on his back fly, yesterday- Yeah!




1 comment:

amy said...

random.

but I would love to see that oprah episode!

:)