Trying to always keep things simple in our seemingly complex and constantly busy family I have never been a big fan of Spirit Week! I know this is sad because I do realize that as my kids get older these spirit type activities will continue and will turn into weeks of sleepless nights, class competitions and decorating hallways. However, we are not there yet so I thought a trip to Goodwill was about as far as I was going to take things this year. We started off the week with a bang...
First it was 60's day- complete with Peace signs on their faces and cool glasses! This was my favorite of all the days.


The hot lunch during spirit week is also a treat. OK, my kids always think hot lunch is a treat! But complete with tie-dyed cake!Next came Career Day- we had a teacher, a veterinarian and a football player.



And then we sort of stopped. Ran out of ideas and I guess I sort of ran out of spirit. Shame on me. The 2 remaining days were Sports Day and CCS day. For sports day we had a gymnast (Emma) a basketball player (Sam) and a swimmer (Claire). The outfits were nothing we had to purchase. They basically just wore their uniforms and you will see exactly what they wore in my next post on "Winter Sports"! And for CCS day we refrained from painting our hair blue and orange. We opted for CCS shirts with orange CCS letters painted on our faces.



And then we sort of stopped. Ran out of ideas and I guess I sort of ran out of spirit. Shame on me. The 2 remaining days were Sports Day and CCS day. For sports day we had a gymnast (Emma) a basketball player (Sam) and a swimmer (Claire). The outfits were nothing we had to purchase. They basically just wore their uniforms and you will see exactly what they wore in my next post on "Winter Sports"! And for CCS day we refrained from painting our hair blue and orange. We opted for CCS shirts with orange CCS letters painted on our faces. Overall, it was a fun week and I never thought I would say it, but...I can't wait for stretchy pants on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment