Eight years ago we chose Central Christian school for Claire to attend Junior Kindergarten. It seemed like the best choice at the time. It has proven to be the best choice for her for the past 8 years as she has truly grown and flourished there. Her teachers have loved her well while always challenging her. She has learned so much about who God has made her to be as well as what it means to be a christian. She has made wonderful friends during her years at CCS. These girls are SO sweet. I love them all.
The entire ceremony was really touching. It began with a procession of the teachers. This made me cry. I did not expect to cry. I realized how much I love these men and women. They have always validated my thoughts in one way or another. They pray with me and for my children. They assure me when I have needed it and I have never felt judged by any of them. Josh Crane came to CCS 8 years ago and is going to another school next year. This is the only class at CCS that he has seen all the way through. He presented a message to the students from the pulpit. I love how he looked down upon them in the front 3 rows. He was talking directly to them, not to the parents. He was challenging them in how to go on from CCS all while telling them how special they are as a class.
And then there was the music. Mrs. Kouba led the 6th graders in a song at the end. It was beautiful. They sound so much better than they did in JK!
Claire received her diploma and then it was on to a reception downstairs!
Claire, Hannah, Chandler, Olivia, Raphaella and Chloe

No comments:
Post a Comment