Saturday, June 1, 2013

Skiing 2013

There is not a lot of school happening in February in St. Louis.  Actually that is about to change next year, but for 2013 we took the time off and flew to CO for 5 days for a ski trip.  It was close to perfect. We decided to try Steamboat this time.  We had only been skiing in CO once before and had been at Keystone.  Steamboat is FAR from the airport, but the snow was fresh and fluffy! The drive there was treacherous, but once we arrived the resort was spectacular and service was sweet!  We were able to ski 4 full days.  No one got injured.  That is pretty major the way I see it.  We all are comfortable and have fun on the blue slopes.  We all did a black and an EXTREME terrain!  The EX made me almost sweat through all four sweaters I had on and my down coat!  Never again for me.  The girls and Scott went off on their own a couple afternoons to ski some blacks while Sam and I hung out on some of our favorite blues. 

All of us on the top of Steamboat mountain.  Do you like our sunglasses?  The photo people had a box to choose from. 

I love to travel with my kids and give them experiences that I was never able to have growing up.  Skiing is one of those.  I always wished I could do it.  Learning to ski as an adult has been tougher.  I enjoy it, but there are times when I get scared.  I don't think my kids have that.  I think they learned young enough that they might be life long skiers without ever having to sweat through all 4 sweaters!  As a parent, this makes me happy :)  Emma especially is a skier.  She kept saying, "Mom, if we lived here, I think this would be my thing."  I do not want to move to CO, but I do want Emma to have a thing.   I love that skiing could be it.  I also love a ski vacation because at the end of the day you are tired.  You don't have to think of anything to do to entertain your kids.  You get up the next day and do it all again.  Steamboat had plenty of new runs to try.  We want to go back.

No comments: