Friday, October 10th was Grandparents day at CCS! This was a fun 1/2 day of school where the kids get to show off their school, their daily routines and participate in a fun performance for their grandparents. Our kids were joined by my Grandparents, their Great Grandparents, PaPa Chas and Grandma Lorene. Parents usually are not welcome because of the shortage of parking, etc. However, when I found out Emma had a speaking part in the Kindergarten performance I just had to volunteer so that I could come and see her. I was so disappointed to find out that my digital camera quit working on that day so I was unable to take any photos of her doing her part. I am so thankful for another mom who took these pictures of my kids so that I could share them. It is so funny that a few days after you start a blog your camera goes in the shop for 4-6 weeks! Maybe this is why I have been a dinosaur for so long!
Emma did a great job speaking about the wise man who built his house upon the rock. The theme this year was WE "DIG" CCS and was all about building, focusing on the school's new building and future expansion. All the grandparents got to wear yellow hard hats and it made for a fun atmosphere. PaPa Chas and Grandma Lorene are always sports when it comes to that stuff and I am so very thankful that they are so interested in the lives of my little ones. After dismissal at 11:30 we headed down the street to IHOP for lunch! Kids love that place. I guess they don't notice that you stick to the carpet when you walk! I am always surprised when my kids eat more than my grandparents! It was a great lunch and a great time to end our day with PaPa Chas and Grandma Lorene.
We missed PaPa Bill, Grandma Lynne and PaPa Dave. Hopefully next year! And we miss Grandma Linda too. Today is October 21st (the day I am writing this) and that is the day she died 13 years ago. She is alive in our conversations and in our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment