Monday, August 17, 2009

Claire is 9!

So I have been away from the blogging for a while.  I am behind.  Not as behind as I am on Sam's baby book, but behind.  I am still trying to figure out how to backdate.  If anyone knows how would you please share this knowledge with me?

Sunday, August 9th we had a small family party for Claire at our "country apartment".  It is a shorter drive for my family and Scott was there anyway so we did a small party.  We brought cupcakes and ordered Fortel's pizza.  I did make a salad after a trip to the super Wal-mart.  It is super nice.  It beats any WM in St. Louis.  It is like the "stuff mart" man.  It is so tempting to buy all sorts of things you don't even need.  Okay, enough about the Wal-mart this is supposed to be about Claire.  I have missed the blog!

Claire got money, sporty shorts, a few shirts, an ipod nano, and a cool color changing speaker for her ipod.  She had been asking us for a few weeks what sort of party she was going to have this year and I kept pushing her off saying we were going to do things small this year because of Daddy's job and him being gone so much, etc.  I had talked her in to a pedicure and lunch with 2 friends.  I was basically lying because we had already decided this would be her year to go to Chicago to the American Girl Place.  So, on Sunday I gave her a card with a poem to read aloud.  I wish I could get the video clip to download.  It is sooooo cute.  Inside the card was fake money to resemble how much $ she would get to spend there.  Emma was getting to come with us but the boys had to stay home.  She was really excited!

Claire reading her poem aloud.  Too bad the photographer isn't better.
Mom, Dad and the birthday girl on our futon!
She blew and she blew as hard as she could!
I love this last picture mostly because the lighting is so much better than the first one!  No really, I love it because she is wearing her new sporty shorts and she looks so grown up.  She had to put the shorts on as soon as she could.  I love how this photo captures what a great big sister she is.  She and Sam have a really neat relationship.  Oh, and he has big feet!

No comments: