After numerous requests for Daddy to get a "punch bug" for his company car we have come to a compromise. Scott has been searching for a used car that gets good gas mileage for his new job since he is driving a lot more. His F-150 gets about 14-17 mpg on the highway and his new Audi convertible should get 26-30mpg. Oh, and it looks cool :)
Here he is with the kids on Saturday. We went and test drove it on Friday night and he went Saturday morning to pick it up. The kids are so excited. They love it and I don't even know why I am blogging about it because they tell everyone they see, "My dad got a new red convertible!" We are pretty excited. Being the owners of very practical vehicles like a truck and a van, it feels good to have a fun car. The one drawback is that it does only have 4 seat belts so it is technically illegal to take our entire family anywhere together. However, we will take our chances for an occasional trip to Maggie Moos!
Scott and I took it out on Saturday night and I have to admit it was so fun! I do NOT have good convertible hair. I need to talk to my hairdresser. This might involve a new product or a good hat, not sure yet. I really pushed for a fun car. My dad had a convertible when I was growing up and I have to admit I will never forget Friday nights at Hunt's (the local drive-in) getting ice cream with a friend or two. I remember my friend losing her tooth in the back seat of my dad's convertible. I did not grow up with everything my friends had, but it was one thing I remember feeling lucky we had. I think my kids are also feeling very lucky to have the experience of a ride with the top down. They are full of giggles! And it also helps that St. Louis is in the middle of perfect convertible weather! We have named the car "Cherry Twizzler". All good cars must have a name!
2 comments:
a sweet ride....
very fun memories!!!
Lisa - you should get one of those scarves and a pair of big sunglasses -- like the Italian Bond Girls wear! That will keep your curls under control!
Post a Comment