skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Another Fun Sunday!
Last week our friend Kerri gave us a gingerbread house kit! I love gingerbread houses. I love to make them, look at them and eat them! This afternoon after church, dog training and room cleaning we got to assemble the long awaited gingerbread house! This is a good mommy activity. Daddy was hunting anyway! That seems to be a common theme doesn't it? It was a great kit. All I had to do was mix up the icing with an egg white and some lemon juice (to make it extra sticky). Then we put it in an icing bag and got started. Here are some pics: Getting started on our A-frame house!
The finished product! Emma put the M&M's on the Christmas tree for ornaments. All the kids got to participate in the roof. I did the piping on the roof. They did a nice job of sharing all the jobs after some initial fighting :)
A close up of our A-frame gingerbread house!
When Daddy got home from hunting I started on my first try at cooking duck. Scott had brought home 5 or 6 ducks earlier in the week and after scouring the internet for what I thought sounded like a good recipe I purchased all of the ingredients and we decided Sunday night would be the night I would cook it. So, he entertained the kiddos while I went to town on making Thyme-Roasted duck breast with orange-wine sauce!! We did not eat until 7pm, but it was delicious! I can hardly believe I am saying that. It must be because I took so much time in making it! The kids went back for seconds, maybe that was because we were eating at 7pm! Either way I am going to take it as a compliment.
1 comment:
ahhh, a trader joes gingerbread house. VERY CUTE!!
I am impressed with the duck- sounds good (even tho I am not into "game")
Post a Comment