Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Morning

Alright, I figured out I can upload one photo at a time. More time consuming, but not impossible! So here are the kids at our house on Christmas morning. We let them all sleep together in the girl's room on Christmas Eve. They slept until about 7:45 am which was pretty good for them considering they were all in the same room and very excited. We all came down to find stockings full of gifts and the unwrapping began.



Below is Sam with his Hot Wheels Triple Stunt track that was sent by Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Randy. AWESOME! He has already had a lot of fun with it and began assembling it himself! Sam also got a bunch of Legos, some new crocs, new hunting boots, another Transformer, another huge art box, a slinky, Hot Wheels, and a Playmobil pirate ship.





Below is Claire with her new suede boots that she really wanted. She also got some new sweaters, headbands, Amer. Girl doll clothes and accessories, hairstyling video, hairstyling chair, shower foam soap (really a highlight!), the Kitt Kittredge movie and a variety of other little things :) Her face does not portray her true excitement about the boots. She has not worn any other shoes since she got them!


Below is Emma with her doll Elizabeth wearing her new glasses, possibly the new favorite accessory! Emma also got some new boots, a new stretchy pants outfit, shower foam soap and a puff, a Barbie and lots of Amer. girl clothes/accessories!


Below is Claire opening her hair styling chair. Thanks LeBarons!


Closing comments on Christmas 2008:

- Blitzen our new dog was our best gift!

-This was the first year we did not sit out cookies for Santa. No one mentioned it :(

-Daddy got a duck club membership and a pair of hunting safety goggles

-Mommy got a new digital camera

-Daddy makes a yummy Christmas morning breakfast

-I love Christmas morning with our family in our jammies

-We spent the afternoon in Edwardsville at the Kampwerth's house. Very fun!

-We spent less time this year than in years past undoing twisty ties holding on Barbie's appendages! I am very thankful for toys with less "packaging".

-I am still not sure who really believes in Santa anymore. I think Sam does, but I am pretty sure the girls have figured things out. I am mixed on how I feel about this.

-I am so glad that even though I did not have anything to unwrap this Christmas morning that I still felt so lucky to have Jesus in my heart. He has given me the ultimate gift of eternal life and it fills me with peace and joy :) I feel so blessed.


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

No comments: