My Great Uncle Martin died on St. Patrick's Day, just a couple of weeks ago. At the luncheon following his funeral his four children each got up, along with other people to tell funny stories about him. One of the things mentioned was his love of April Fool's Day. They told stories of when they were a kid and how they always expected something out of him on this day, and even into adulthood how he would continue to play jokes on them especially on this day. I have to admit I never give much thought to this day but as I was sitting there listening to their stories and remembering what a joker he was I was sort of sad that he died before April Fool's Day 2009.
My kids were at his funeral and I think they really thought these stories were funny. Truthfully I think they have been looking forward to April Fool's Day (AFD) this year ever since then. So today they tried to pull off some jokes. Claire learned at school today about the "ding and dash" trick and she thinks this is a AFD joke. I saw in her folder a note addressed to our neighbor. I think she was planning to ring his doorbell and then dash. Luckily I caught this before it happened and told her that was really more of a prank than a fool--it's a fine line! So instead of doing this to our neighbor they did it to me tonight. Emma tried to tell me some guys drove by in a truck and rang our doorbell and then ran away. I pretended along!
They did have one tonight that sort of got me going. They came running downstairs telling me that the upstairs toilet was overflowing. I believed it for a second and then I remembered it's APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!
Hope you had a good one! Scott believes the PC virus that was threatened to attack today was a big AFD joke. Maybe it was started by Norton!!
The State I’m In
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment