Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ice Skating Show

Sunday afternoon was the long awaited ice skating show. Claire and Sam have been skating for a couple of years now and this was their second show. It is a really fun event to end the skating season and a chance for them to show off their skills.

Sam skated at the Pre-alpha level although if you ask him he will say, "but, I moved up". Meaning that he has now passed all the pre-alpha skills and will move to alpha next year when and if he resumes skating. I think he enjoys it. It is a good skill to have. He enjoys watching the hockey guys but I am not sure if I am ready for a little hockey player just yet. I sort of like his teeth and his nose!! Scott however cannot handle another year of seeing his tough guy dressed up in show costumes! We'll have to wait and see.

Sam skated to a song from the movie Aladdin and was supposed to look like a genie...I think!

Below was his favorite part when they all skated in a circle and then all made the circle expand and then shrink again. Do you like my skating comments! I think the real terms are "backwards swizzle" to get the circle to expand. Whatever it is, I don't know how to do it, so it impresses me and Sam obviously thinks it is fun!
Claire skates at the Delta level. There were a wide ranges of ages in her class this year. She continues to work really hard to improve and I think it is still fun for her. She skated to a song from the movie Enchanted. It was fun music and she loved her headband. Not sure about the skirt, but she loved that too!





After the show we went to Bandana's BBQ with the Christian family as they skate too! It was the perfect ending to a fun show and a fun skating season. I don't think I will miss skating every Wednesday after school, plus it has been replaced by softball/T-ball every Wednesday!

No comments: