Friday, April 3, 2009

birthday party help?!

Hello blogging friends!
I am looking for some help from creative peeps!
Sam wants to have a lego birthday party. I told him we could. Now I am thinking...what will we do? He wants to invite 16 boys (all the boys in the class). What will we do??

I have two ideas and I need feedback or better ideas:
1). I could buy a couple more big tubs of legos and create several easy objects in a step by step fashion. Each kid could go to each station to make that creation and take it home as a favor.
2). We could play games with the little lego men. Although I know we do not have 16 of them.

Do you see why I am having problems with this. I have the cupcakes covered, but I need more than cupcakes!! I have ruled out a park and our house. I am going to look into renting a space at the community center or something where I can contain them to one room and just sweep up all the legos when it is over. I do consider myself a master at containment!

2 comments:

amy said...

i like option 1. such a great idea. have you googled lego party???

Jane-Ellis Griggs said...

Lisa- This sounds fun! What a fun theme! I like all your ideas, an extra idea might be to maybe encourage a group project at the end? Or maybe if the small projects helped to make the big project? For example, you could have the guys choose to make a city together or a castle with some dragons? Also if you need a low key activity, you might be able to show a part of a movie about a famous building being built for inspiration. (it would be neat to see one about the arch or something they are familiar with, but I don't know how hard that would be to find.) I am sure it will be a blast.